Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Daily Bling - Sunday, March 14th

Today's Daily Bling is dedicated to my fabulous best friends, whom I have been tight with since Junior High School and who also happen to share the same fervor for boy bands and cheesy pop music, as I do. On Friday night we were out celebrating our friend Dawn's birthday at a bar on the Lower East Side. My one friend and I kept requesting mid 90s music (Spice Girls, NSYNC, Britney Spears, etc.) much to the annoyance of the DJ. When I saw today's Bling on ModCloth I knew I had to cover it because of its fun, girly, vintage vibe and because of its name - the "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" Bracelet - you know after that Backstreet Boys song!

I've recently discovered ModCloth - its a vintage and indie designer website that has one of a kind finds in clothing, jewelry, accessories and even housewares. Its a really fun, affordable site with a lot of unexpected gems! It has a huge following among bloggers and social networkers, and I can see why. Its a very interactive site, almost written like a blog, that encourages consumer participation.

At only $15.99 the "Quit Playing Games with My Heart" Bracelet is sort of a no brainer. It def. has that vintage, one of a kind sort of feel and would look really cute with skinny jeans and maybe a black flowy tank top for a girls night out. I'd also like to see it paired with a cute romper or vintage bustier style dress - very Katy Perry.

Make sure to check out ModCloth for all their fabulous pieces! Warning: You may get hooked!

Fashionably Yours,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment