Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daily Bling - Sunday, February 28th

I recently finished the first season of Mad Men. I know I am SOOO behind, I know I am like SOOOO late to the obsession, however, it doesn't make me less of a fan now does it? I've become completely enamored with the put-together early 60s style of the women on the show from Betty Draper to Joan to even Rachel Menkin. Part of me wishes women still wore those full skirts and matched their lipstick to their nail polish and had a hat for every dress.

Even though we are living in a Mad-Men-less world that doesn't mean you can't take fashionable cues from the show and incorporate them into your own wardrobe. CAUTION: Do not go to crazy here, or you will look like its Halloween. A great way to incorporate the "Jackie O" style into your look is with today's daily bling. The J. Crew Pearl Jewel Box Earrings (doesn't the name even just scream Mad Men?) are vintage in feel and style and will add a sophistacted touch to any look. The dark gold, oversized pearl and crystal details make these a true "vintage store find" only you don't have to rummage the racks or through your grandmother's closet because they are available at Jcrew.com. Pair them with one of J.Crew's cashmere sweaters and their skinny leg "Minnie Pant" and be your very own Betty Draper.

Fashionably Yours,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment